Sunday, January 3, 2016

A Quick Look Back

Twenty fifteen was a year of big changes......wonderful changes.  These changes took a lot of planning, searching, packing and courage but so worth every nail-biting moment of it for it all brought us here for our very first Carolina Christmas!  It was a long journey through many states, all with interesting and different landscapes.  The closer we got to Carolina the prettier it got!  The mountains were breathtakingly beautiful......

 
I was in awe all the way through them and long to return again and again in the new year.  I spent my whole life to this point in the very cold and snowy north and I'm so very grateful to be thawing out in this beautiful state!  I've come to the conclusion that I was a closet southern country gal trapped in the frozen tundra of the north.  I was never really into that whole snowy Christmas thing.  I'm very happy to have said goodbye to huddling by the fireplace in several layers of clothing trying to stay warm.  This Christmas was spent with family gathered around the fire on my back patio in shorts and flip flops!  YAY!!!! ;-D


Much to my amazement, I still managed to get a few gifts done after all the unpacking and settling in was accomplished.


The afghan was for my son who was the major force in getting us here.  Bless his heart!  I will be forever grateful! The hat was a gift for my son-in-law who also pitched in for the big move and the socks.....well.....socks are pretty much a constant around here.  There's always at least two or three pair hanging out on the needles waiting for attention! 

And now I would like to wish you all a very Happy & Blessed New Year!!!  Let the new projects begin!!

2 comments:

  1. We just drove through both Carolinas today! I slept through Georgia and woke up in Jacksonville at midnight. On to Disney tomorrow!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite the road trip too! Sounds like the grand kids are doing good....thank God for DVD players, eh?!

    ReplyDelete