Monday, January 25, 2016

Here Today......Gone Tomorrow

This was the scene the day before "Jonas"


This was the scene outside the day of "Jonas"

Sigh.  That dreaded white stuff.  And this was the scene inside.
Although this may seem like a peaceful scene, I can assure you it really wasn't.  What you can't see is the unraveled mess of those sparkly socks I've been working on.  Not once, not twice but three times I had to rip out and start over.  I'm having a hard time even talking about it here!  If they don't start behaving they are going to be gone just like that dreadful white stuff the sun took care of the day after!
We were very fortunate to have been spared the brunt of the storm.  Out friends to the north were not so lucky and my thoughts are with them today as they try to dig out.


4 comments:

  1. Goodness...that is a lot of white stuff for where you are! A bit of a sprinkle and a quick melt is always welcome when you get to sit in front of the fire with some knitting but this blizzard stuff is for the birds.
    I hear you on the socks. When knitting misbehaves it can ruin your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! I know. I wasn't happy about it either!

      Delete
  2. The view of the snow is pretty, hope horsey was tucked up safe; but the view of the Fire - that's the one I prefer any day!! Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest assured that pampered horsey was tucked away safe and sound in the barn. :-)

















    ReplyDelete