Monday, January 11, 2016

Sunday Fun Day.....

The Minstrel had her first official outing today.  Up till now she's only had short trips from the spinning room to the back porch and occasionally to the the living room in front of the TV for her work outs.  Today she got introduced to the car....


Then she got hoisted into the car.......:-0


along with a nice bag full of fiber, Little Louie (because Louie is basically spoiled rotten loves to travel and simply has to go every where I go) and we were off on a spinning adventure.  It was about a forty-five minute drive on a beautiful sunny 60 degree day,,,,,


have I mentioned lately how much I love this beautiful warm southern climate?  Although everyone here thinks it's cold (boy could I tell them a story or two about cold) I'm in my summer clothes and loving it!!  So anyway......back to the adventure.....we were invited to a historical spinning day at the Museum of the Waxhaws.  Of course we jumped at the chance to get out amongst fellow fiber fanatics like minded crafty peeps.   


There she is......my cute little new travel companion.....I've named her "Mini".  Get it......Minstrel.....but because she's little "Mini".  Any way there she is all set up in a museum.... you can check that out here http://www.museumofthewaxhaws.org/about-the-museum/ waiting to spend a very enjoyable afternoon meeting new friends and demonstrating the wonderful art of spinning !!  Louie was under that table in his little travel bag until he was noticed and then he stole the show!  :-)  He spent the rest of the day in various people's laps and under there wheels.  There was a Great Wheel on display too.  I'm fascinated by those!





2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how people in the South think that the 60's is cold? Everywhere in Florida people were freaking out because you had to put on a sweatshirt. I loved it!
    As for Louie, I can't even imagine putting Pup in a bag. She carries on so-even in the car that I hate to even take her to Petsmart for a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Levi is like that but Little Louie is a very good little traveler. Key word being little....he only weighs 3 & 1/2 pounds on a good day.

    ReplyDelete