Monday, February 22, 2016

Fiber Filled Weekends

I was so excited to have finished plying 1,242 yards of that pretty wine colored Merino this past weekend......

only to discover that it won't be enough to knit my cardigan sweater pattern.  Kind of a bummer!!!  Oh Well!   Will have to scout around for something else for it to become.  In the meantime....

I've thrown myself into this really nice rose gray alpaca!!!  
I love how soft and squishy it is and the color is really different in a pleasant sort of way.  Kind of a natural taupe shade.

It's all washed and dried and being hand carded as we speak.

I''m hoping to be knee deep in these.....

by next weekend!!!





5 comments:

  1. Oh, wow.....that Merino is gorgeous!!! I'd forgotten how beautiful your rolags are. I'm still waiting for that tutorial. Hint, hint. Mine look like something the cat horked up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the color too!! I'll have to work on a tutorial for the rolags although I have to say they are pretty easy. If I can make em anyone can. LOL.

      Delete
  2. Oh that wine color is just glorious. IT would have made a great sweater......maybe you can combine it or do some fair isle with a grey to go with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's an excellent idea. I've been checking around for a pattern for it, I will have to pick up some gray Merino to spin to go along with it,

      Delete
  3. Oh boy, Alpaca is so soft and warm and dreamy. I've made some fantastic wide rectangle shawl/scarves from that. That wine color is beautiful, it will turn into a beautiful project whatever you do with it!

    ps: your fur babies are AH-DORABLE! it only makes sense the white cat is the supervisor, ha!

    ReplyDelete