Monday, February 29, 2016

Poncho Progress

Am I the only one that gets totally bored watching the Oscars?  And for some odd reason every year I seem to forget that it was painfully boring the year before and I turn it on again.  The upside to this is that I made some serious progress on my poncho during the long drawn out parade of acceptance speeches.  

I did however enjoy Chris Rock and he made the night with the Girl Scout cookie sale for his daughters during one of the breaks .  That was awesome!!

And just in case anyone missed it last night.......it's on every single talk show this morning so my goal is to knit the last 2 & 3/4 inches of stocking knit before

it's back to those pesky charts for the bottom trim.  Those have to take place late at night when the Hooligans are fast asleep!

6 comments:

  1. The poncho is looking beautiful --the yarn is great for the pattern and texture. Ponchos are really in style right now! I see them everywhere sold out at Uniqlo even!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have always loved ponchos so I'm glad to see them back in style.

      Delete
  2. I went to bed at 10. It was the first time in my ENTIRE life I didn't watch until the end. It bothered me that I couldn't relate to any of the films or actors. I've never even heard of the best picture winner. I must be getting old. I did like the cookie stunt though. It was brilliant.
    As for the poncho....WOW! That's a lot of stitching and it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you are knitting! I agree with Ellen the yarn shows the pattern texture Beautifully. I think I' need complete quiet for that lace work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty pattern and lovely yarn you chose, you are so talented with all the lace work detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm really enjoying the pattern but I have to really concentrate on the charts which can be difficult with all my little critter distractions. LOL

      Delete