Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Good Distractions

Thank you all for the good thoughts and wishes for BG's fast recovery.  All those positive thoughts for him are paying off so far.  Things are progressing well.  The swelling is going down and the stitches are holding with no signs of infection so far and no signs of those awful dogs either.  He had stall rest today as it was raining all day and we didn't want those stitches to get wet.  He'll be getting another shot of antibiotics on Thursday and a check up by his Vet.  I kept having flash backs of the whole ordeal so I was looking for a good distraction to take my mind to a better place.  I found this......http://www.knitpicks.com/patterns/Maritime_Facecloth__D55807220.htmllink for a really cool wash cloth pattern that is very similar to my favorite dish cloth pattern.  The difference is this one has a cable knit around the outer edge.  
Which is really nice because the cable helps to keep the square shape when the cloth is wet.  My dish cloths always get a bit stretched out of whack when they are wet.  This one holds it's own and it's a bit bigger too, which is nice.  This took my mind right off that whole horrible ordeal for a whole evening!  Thank God for knitting!  Lol.  

Then the following morning as I was looking over the pasture with my binoculars to make sure there were no lurking predators this pretty little birdie was staring back at me.  See his cute little red head popping up there in one of my porch plants.  Very shortly I discovered he wasn't alone in there either......
all of a sudden another popped up!
And then it registered with me that they were fixing to start a family right there in the porch plant!  :-O

As fun as they are to watch, I can't have that going on in the plants.......how would I water them?!  I'm going to have to put the Not for Rent sign out!

7 comments:

  1. It's good to hear things are looking up. I love that washcloth! There is nothing better than washcloth knitting in hard times. Those little birdies are so sweet but I hear you, they would just be something else to worry about. One of the kitties brought me a baby cardinal last year and it lived in the bathroom being hand fed until he was able to be released weeks later. It was no fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness!! Yeah...I don't need anymore stress at the moment and I'm guessing that was stressful. Although prolly interesting too. I love cardinals!

      Delete
  2. The attack on your beloved horse will take time to over come. Im so sorry you and the horse suffered.
    Love the birdies. My grandma always said it was a good omen to have a nest on your property. I LOVE the cabled border on your cloth. It is so pretty. I've never seen that done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knitting is a wonderful distraction for many of life's rough spots. Glad to hear your sweet horse is healing up.

    The little birdies sure are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. silly little birds always pick the most inappropriate spots to nest!!! I always get a pair in the wreath by my front door, and spend the rest of the spring get screamed at every time I leave the house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for adding me to your bloglist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I love reading your blog!

      Delete