Friday, July 29, 2016

That End Game

Check this out......

my scrappy blanket is growing in leaps and bounds!  At this rate I may have it done by Christmas.  I've been gleefully adding square after square in every free moment I have.   The temps outside are sizzling and I'm hold up in the AC knitting one square after another in reckless abandonment with literally no thought as to how many messy little strings are hanging from each and every square on the back side of this thing!

I mean...seriously....what in the world was I thinking!!  What a mess!!  I just get so excited about what my next color will be and how it will match up to it's neighbor.  I kept telling myself......"self, this is going to get you in the end" but self was paying no attention to those little voices until I was taking these photos to brag about how far I've gotten on this thing and it was like WHOA.....self needs to get a handle on this like RIGHT NOW!!!  With you all as my witness, I'm pledging from here on out I'm going to weave in each and every end before I add the next square!!!

7 comments:

  1. That's what my crocheted blanket looks like. I keep telling myself that we will have a big snowstorm one day and I'll sit by the fire and do them all at one. Of course, you don't want to hear that!
    It looks amazing though. Totally worth the headache.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...just the mention of the word "snowstorm" sends chills up my back!!! LOL

      Delete
  2. It will be worth it in the end! I made one a few years back and I absolutely love it. now I have to fight the cats for it almost daily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your scrappy blanket. Are you using the Coziest Memories pattern?

    Bring it on down here. I love weaving in ends. It is so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am using the Coziest Memories pattern and I've managed to muster up enough discipline to weave in the ends as I go now so it's all under control. But thanks for the offer. :-)

      Delete
  4. I say Sew a back to the blanket in fleece and dont play with the ends at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! I love the idea of the sock yarn squares by the weaving wisps scare the dickens out of me. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete