Friday, September 16, 2016

Persistence

This morning I picked up the stitches for the left sleeve cap shaping for the THIRD (sigh) time on my Order of the Garter cardigan.  I think we can safely say the wrap and turn technique has given me a run for the money.  It wasn't so much the wrap and turn part.....I got that OK.....but for some odd reason I had trouble on the way back finding the wrapped stitch to knit it together with the stitch before it.   And then I was in a state of denial for several rows each time so it has set me back a bit time wise but I've mastered it now.  Thank God!

I don't know why I had so much trouble with this either.  I've done short row shaping a lot on socks before but for some reason the brain just took a time out on this one.  I've been totally taken hostage on this cardigan lately.  Much to the despair of my scrappy blanket.  And my poor neglected poncho is hanging out in it's bag patiently waiting for me to knit the last few rows of it.  This new kid on the block is consuming all my time.  I love the i-cord trim on it.

That was fun to do and really finishes the edges so neatly.

So now I have to finish the rest of the left sleeve all the while hoping I can retain the the wrap and turn technique for the right sleeve.  Wish me luck!  ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Yay for sweater weather. Isn't it going to be wonderful to put that on in the very near future? I had the same issue with a project that had short rows. I used a Japanese technique that puts a marker into the wrap or something like that. I can't really remember anymore but I do remember how hard it was to figure out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire hope. I started some short row shaping last night ... late and I'm not sure if I was doing it right, but I'm forging ahead. Hope things right themselves. Excellent progress on the Garter cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The I-cord edging looks really nice.

    My scrap blanket is in time out until I knit more socks to have scraps! LOL

    ReplyDelete