Wednesday, October 5, 2016

A Done Deal

I've finished my cardigan!




I love how it turned out but it was kind of a chalenge to knit once I got to the sleeves because you had the whole sweater dangling off the needles as you knit.

They were done in the round on circular needles which didn't help matters any.  I just found it to be awkward but in the end it was nice to have it all finished in one piece.  There were no seams to match up and sew so that was nice.  It fits nice and the yarn is really soft next to my skin.  Love it.  Just need to find some nice buttons now.  I set out to do just that last Sat. but ran into a bit of situation in the intersection at the JoAnn Fabrics store here.  I  was waiting patiently in the left turn lane for the light to turn when suddenly there was a loud (and I do mean LOUD) crash and cars and car parts began flying at me!!

Fenders and glass flew over the top of my car....

and this white car landed about an inch from me!  That's me in the red car.  A car came sailing through the red light at about 50 miles an hour and slammed into a car in the intersection sending that car sailing into this white car and it literally missed me by a hair.   I just now stopped shaking!  Several people were hurt including a little boy and his mother.  It was horrible.  Needless to say I didn't get any buttons.



4 comments:

  1. Wowie.....what a scare!
    Congrats on the sweater finish but wow....what a close call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY. I'm so glad you are safe, that is an incredibly close call.

    I do love a seamless sweater. I know what you mean about the weird tangle of sweater body while you knit the sleeves in the round, but still. The end result is SO worth it.

    Stay safe & happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh.....I hope everyone will be okay. You are right. The sound of a car crash is TERRIFYING!!! There will be another day to get buttons.

    The sweater looks wonderful. You'll have to model it once you get the buttons squared away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have knit my most successful sweaters in the round. I just don't do finishing. It is akward as you so though, in the last parts. Yours is lovely. Thank the angels you were protected. That kind of thing is very scary. Hug your loved ones tight tongiht

    ReplyDelete