Monday, October 31, 2016

Day Trip

It's Fiber Festival time in the mountains!!  Two of my favorite things......Fiber and Mountains......YAY!!!!  Those mountains have been calling me back ever since I first laid eyes on them a year ago on the trip here to my new digs.  They took my breath away then and their mystical beauty keeps drawing me back.

I woke my Granddaughter up at the butt crack of dawn and we headed out before the sun was even up!  It was a beautiful drive once the sun did poke it's head out.

The leaves are starting to turn up there in High Country.  I'm definitely going to make this an annual excursion!  The Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair (SAFF) is the perfect size event in my opinion.....not to big and not to small....the parking is great, lots of interesting vendors, and demonstrations. Good food, can't forget the good food!  LOL  This particular vendor

really peaked our interest.  They had the most amazing realistic needle felted pieces.
They were life size!!

Just beautiful.....

Both Granddaughter and I, being the crafty fools that we are, were totally inspired.  We pretty much figured right then and there that we could do this too.  Or at least try...LOL.  Hence we both purchased these

lethal looking weapons to stab the heck out of our fingers create something similar of our own.  And of course I also came away with some more of the fluffy fiber goodness in my favorite rose gray color plus several other miscellaneous fiber related gadgets I was in need of.  It was the perfect fall get-a-way with one of my most favorite people in the whole world! 






5 comments:

  1. Wowie, wow, wow!!! That's some exquisite felt work there! I love fall fiber fests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Santa is AMAZING! Glad you had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. close enough to drive to SAFF!!! I'm totally jealous!!! My friend and I are talking about trying to do it next year....certainly closer than Rhinebeck was! We took a felting class last weekend.....did a little nunofelting. Fun, but will never replace knitting for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a fabulous event, needle felting is fun, wear a thimble on your fingers to protect them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check....I did buy some leather ones just for that purpose.

      Delete