Monday, November 14, 2016

Time to FROG!!!

I'm going to try and make a light hearted comparison  so bare with me here.
I've been working on this cardigan for a bit now and all was going along smoothly until I made the mistake of knitting on it during the election results.  As those results started going south so did my knitting!  It was one mistake after another, after another, after another but because I have now become a more experienced knitter , I knew exactly what to do.  FROG!!  IMMEDIATELY!  Do not proceed in a state of denial as though all is well thinking everything will turn out fine in the end because it WON'T!  You need to correct the mistakes and then and only then move on.   Many many years ago I wanted to learn to knit so in order to do that I had to study it, read up on it, talk to a lot of knowledgeable and experienced knitters so I could get it right and produce quality things I would be proud of.  Because I'm a knitter I tend to think in knit stitches but this approach works in most aspects of our daily lives.  It's really quite simple.  If you want a good out come you need to watch, learn, study, pay attention to those among us who have experience.  Study history, remember it and learn from those dark misstakes of this countries past so as not to repeat them.   It's troubling to hear people say they don't pay attention to politics and then think they can cast a responsible intelligent vote.  Or worse yet say they actually don't want experienced people who have spent their whole careers devoted to the good of our country.  People died for the right to vote in this country and along with that comes the responsibility to learn all you can about each candidate before you cast your vote and in this election it wasn't that difficult because they put it right out there for all to see.  There was a a choice between a candidate experienced, well qualified and prepared to lead all of us forward and a self proclaimed unqualified, raciest, bigoted misogynistic narcissist who's goal is to turn us backwards to those dark days in our history.  My knitting mind is screaming at me to FROG NOW and start over but the sad reality is that we can't.    Birds have just flown into the planes engine and we don't have a steady experienced qualified career pilot to land the plane!!!!

7 comments:

  1. So sadly true. I had to frog everything I've knitted this week or at least tink back because I can't settle my brain around the world anymore. The only thing I can hold onto is that he is old and the job is hard. He may not go the distance. He is also corrupt so he may get the Nixon treatment from the status quo. They are not going to ruin their careers for this pompous nutjob and give him the heave ho. I bet Paul Ryan is looking through his copy of the constitution looking for an exit strategy right now.
    Hang in there. We are all in this together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors on your sweater are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree with you my friend, the plane is going down fast! I would not finish my latest shawl on election night and I could have. I did not want that negative thought to be forever linked with a beautiful shawl. I am having a hard time settling down to knit anything, and the more I hear about Cabinet posts the angrier I get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you and thank you for the comment on my blog. It's good to know that there are friends in this mess with us, we can hold on to each other and try to get through this turmoil. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there is some comfort in that at least. :-)

      Delete
  5. It is such a hard result to accept. I try to shut of the news no for a bit . I need a little Christmas NOW!

    ReplyDelete