Saturday, December 31, 2016

Knitting in the New Year

There's a warm fire glowing in the fireplace, Pandora's playing quietly in the background.....
my little hooligans are sleeping at my feet, even my sweet Reba is here for an extended stay with her Grandma and Grandpa.  It's a pretty good way to say goodbye to 2016 if you ask me.  We love when she comes to stay!  It's lucky for us her person loves to keep his mother in a state of worry travel so we can enjoy her company.  He's off gallivanting again...... far far away.  So far that it's already the new year there.  I just hate when he picks places to visit that entail loooooong plane rides over oceans.  I will be glad when this latest adventure of his is over and he's back home safe and sound but that won't be for several weeks so I'm just going to honker down and knit.  Maybe get the wheels going again.  They have been taking a Holiday nap.  Reba loves when I spin.....NOT!  LOL!  She's been busy trying to get Lilly Bean's attention.  We were thinking, how cute is that, she's trying to share her new toy with her......
but Lilly wasn't falling for it.  She always heads for higher ground.  LOL  She's totally bossy with the hooligans but she's intimidated by Reba's size.  It's all very entertaining for me and it keeps my mind off
the sad state of affairs in this country right now.  Between the critters and my knitting I'm hoping to keep just busy enough to get through the coming years with my nerves in check.
I've been paying a lot of attention to my scrappy blanket and it shows.  I'm having trouble fitting it into the photo shots now.  There's still a ways to go on it though so I hope the power grid stays in tack.  Seems as though the Russians have been hacking into that too.  Fasten your seat belts folks.  It's looking like 2017 might be a turbulent ride.

HAPPY  NEW YEAR  EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!


5 comments:

  1. Look at that gang!!! I was hoping for a fire tonight too but we had the chimney inspected yesterday and the bad news is we have dangerous cracks-$4000 for repairs. When it rains it pours around here. Still no car, now no wood stove. Boooo....I need to go shake that money tree.

    I hear you about kids taking off for parts unknown. Daughter is heading to Iceland in March. Another Booo.....

    As for The Great Pumpkin, I agree. I just hope they stop being able to hide his dementia in the near future and he ends up in the room next to Daddio with all the other loonies in the bin.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy new year!!!

    I can't wait until my scrappy blanket is as big as yours! That is a phenomenal blanket!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you as well! Love the pics of the sweethearts.

    WOW that blanket is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. IT sure is looking turbulent. Happy New Year, love the blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scrappy blanket is amazing! Turbulence....well said. I'm frightened. My son is far away too and I just BLOCK it out of my mind. Happy new Year our pets do comfort us and make us laugh ....they give so much to us

    ReplyDelete