Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Mirror Mirror on the Wall

video
Who's that doggy in the window the mirror?!  He was convinced there was a new guy in town.   I can always count on Little Louie for a laugh!  Thank goodness for the antics of my little Hooligans.  They keep me going in these troubled times.  That and the wonderful warm weather.  It's been in the seventies here lately and you know what that means.....
fleece cleaning on the porch......and lord knows this fleece needs cleaning!  It took several washings to get to this.

I was quite pleased that I was able to get it this white.  It was one of the dirtiest fleece I've ever worked with!  I've spent a substantial amount of time 
carding

and rolling it

into puni rolags and then I decided to use up some of the bits of fiber scraps I have accumulated over time

because it looked to white!  LOL!  I'm getting ready to feed my hungry wheels and I figure they need something bright and uplifting after the steady diet of 

rose grey they've had as of late.  I'm also toying with having a late night dyeing party too.  More on that later.

4 comments:

  1. I've been thinking the same thing. I've got lots of fleece to wash myself and the weather will be in the 70's later this week.
    Louie is hilarious. Yorkies really are the best dogs ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ♥ those spots of color that you put in your white rolags. I am looking forward to seeing how they spin up.

    Louie is adorable. Giroux doesn't seem to notice himself in the mirror (or if he does, doesn't DO anything about it.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you fiber people, with the washing and the spinning. I admire you but no thanks. Multiple washes? Eegads I can barely manage my laundry and the dishes. hehe. I love the progression photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed at those of you sho h=can handle fiber that way. I am so impressed. Glad you have been out on the porch working with wool, how fun!

    ReplyDelete