Tuesday, March 14, 2017

The Beginning of Begonia!

I've managed to get 566 yards of lace weight (or at least as close as I could get to lace weight) yarn off the wheel for my Begonia Swirl Shawl.



It's a good start but I will need a couple hundred more yards.  This should keep me entertained for a while.

I'm finding that spinning for lace weight is a tad bit tedious and takes a little longer but I'm totally up for it right now.  I got a pretty good upper arm workout winding that many yards  into a cake to knit from too!  I was both excited and a bit nervous to get started on this pattern.  I just love the look of this shawl but I am always intimidated by knitting charts and this one definitely looked a little scary.  It's going to make for a really nice late 

night knitting project.  It's easier to concentrate when all my little hooligans are fast asleep.

This is last nights results.  Not bad if I do say so myself. ;-)  This is 100% alpaca and it's really soft and yummy!  Sooooo......so far so good!




6 comments:

  1. Wow, that is an amazing accomplishment! That is going to be a beautiful shawl. I've not been able to spin that fine, and I've tried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kate! Happy you stopped by for a visit! It was a tedious spin but I'm determined and the fiber staples were nice and long. That helped a little.

      Delete
  2. That's quite a major endeavor you've got going! I do all my fancy knitting at night once the critters are asleep too. If not, I just get frustrated by all the stopping and starting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! The little rascals are a total distraction. A cute distraction but still a distraction. :-)

      Delete
  3. The yarn is gorgeous and my favorite color I might add. You are going to have so much fun with that pattern, it is on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yarn and the knitting look great! Very pretty. It's cool to see it from one stage to the next!

    ReplyDelete