Monday, April 3, 2017

A Berry Good Weekend

We had a wonderful week with a nice long visit from our son and grand puppy Reba and to add to the fun the strawberries are ripe in North Carolina.  When I lived up north, this wouldn't happen until late June or July.  The guys went picking while I stayed home with all the hooligans.  When they returned with the loot

we turned the kitchen into a pretty serious jam making operation.
I dug out the canning jars

and we proceeded to heat up the kitchen. By the
time we got the berries cooked down and thickened, the kitchen was filled with the aroma of strawberry.  Heavenly but also hot and wouldn't you know this would be the exact time the AC decided to quit working!  

We found the screens opened the windows
and got several jars of yummy jam to eat while we are waiting for the AC to be repaired.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my favourite! I'll be doing the same - but I've got to wait until the end of June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the air conditioner, but the jam looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm....that looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, now I am thinking about strawberries ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Look at that color on the jam. So pretty. Looks delicious. Believe it or not the husband is the jam maker in our household, He makes it for the restaurant though and I rarely get any. hehe.

    ReplyDelete