Saturday, May 6, 2017

Under Construction

I may be missing in action for a bit while we try and put things back together.  We were in the direct line of some pretty severe weather last night.  At about 2:oo AM my phone went off with a tornado warning for our area and two seconds later all you know what broke loose.  Shingles were torn off the roof, patio furniture took flight, all my potted patio plants blew over and the patio umbrella was crumpled like an accordion.  The barn flooded, trees came down and the living room ceiling started blowing water bubbles.  The place is a mess.  Sigh.  
Tarps had to be placed over the roof until the insurance adjuster can get here.
The living room ceiling has to be removed tomorrow so it doesn't collapse on us.
Trees and fallen branches will have to be picked up and my brand new patio umbrella is toast.  If only the gardener had put it in the garage at supper time like I told him too.  Sigh.  I'm just glad we didn't blow away.  It was a pretty hair raising night to say the least.

8 comments:

  1. I am SO glad to read that YOU are safe! We had a similar thing happen in 2004. I KNOW how scared you must have been.

    I hope the repairs go quickly and easily (well . . . as easily as those things can go). I will be keeping you in my prayers.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good golly!!!! That's just terrible.
    I just replaced my umbrella and it's still laying on the dining room table. The weather has been so terrible here I am afraid to put it out at all. Goodness. What happened to spring? It's been crazy this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure has been crazy. Is it just me or are the storms getting more and more intense?!

      Delete
  3. Wow! That's scary! At least people and animals are safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and we are so grateful for that! For a while there I thought we were going to blow away!

      Delete
  4. Oh my.. you poor thing! I'm sorry you had to go through that and suffer damage to your home. We had an awful winter.. I'm so glad the warmer weather is here. I hope they fix your house quickly! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa. I'm hoping the repairs go quickly too and grateful it wasn't worse.

      Delete
  5. hoping that by now things are starting to feel safer and back to normal.....total bummer, but it appears that only 'stuff' was effected and all the important beings were safe. phew.

    ReplyDelete