Wednesday, June 7, 2017

The End Game

It's been a year or so since I first started this totally fun and relaxing project.
 It's been one of the most enjoyable knits I have every worked on.  I hate to see it end but it's time for this one to grace the back of the couch and I fully intend to start another.  I have an endless supply of sock weight yarn scraps in the stash and I'm not above buying more if I think it will look nice in the next one.  
Cleaning up all those loose ends was the only annoying task of this project and once I came to my senses and started weaving them in as I added each square that was remedied.  You can bet on the next one I will be doing this from the get go.

Call me weird but I even enjoyed adding an i-cord border around the whole thing.  It just made such a neat finish to the blanket and gave me that much more time to enjoy the project.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a gorgeous blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore this blanket, even more because it gave you so much joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made one - though mine took about three years - and it wasn't very big. But I loved making it. I called it my "crack"ghan, because it was so addictive. Yours is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful! I love seeing all the crazy, mixed-up colors.

    You gave me a GREAT idea. I WAS going to do a crochet edge on my blanket, but an I-Cord would look even better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!!! I have a tub of sock yarn myself that I keep telling myself is going to be one of those someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I'm calling you weird, but I love the border idea. I will one day have to make one of these. Such a pretty project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! It should be in a magazine layout, great job my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. NOw THAT"S a treasure! I love it. The cats would instantly barf on it, though. I have to keep my blankets put away unless in use. Glad you did the icord. I LOVE the look of icord

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have just validated what I sort of considered my 'insanity' moments...where I started (and finished) mitered blanket #2 and #3.....and have now started a #4. i.love.these.things.too!!!

    ReplyDelete