Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Distracted

I really need to be focusing on those counter stool cushions but I need a break from black and brown yarn.  Enter.....

burgandy

and gold.  One of the gals at my knitting-crochet group was working on the neatest doily and I talked her into sharing the pattern.  Actually she did more than give me the pattern....she gave me a one on one private tutor session on it.  It's a bit complicated but thanks to her I've gotten the hang of it now.  It's going to be very cool.  I can't wait to show you the finished product.

I have to do this all the way around it and check out the size of the hook.

It's very very tiny!  I'm going to use this doily under a big candle for a Christmas decoration.  So that's distraction number one.

Then there's this charity knitting for the hospitals here.  I don't feel as guilty doing this because it's for a good cause but soon....very very soon.... I need to quit fooling around and get back to that counter stool project!  Sigh

3 comments:

  1. Burgundy and gold is such a great Christmas combination. I can't wait to see what this looks like when it is finished.

    The baby sweater is adorable. That's going to make some new Mom so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh....that is just spectacular. And little Louie peeking at it-precious!!!
    The baby knits are so sweet. Heirloom quality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That doily is going to look lovely under a nice Christmas candle...
    ...now you've got me thinking about my Christmas decor...

    ReplyDelete