Thursday, August 17, 2017

A New Toy

I have died and gone to fiber carders heaven!!!!!!
Look what the postman brought today!  I'd been contemplating purchasing one of these for a very long time.  After quite a lot of researching, I decided to take the advice of Deb over at http://araigneestangledweb.blogspot.com/ and purchased the Strauch Petite Drum Carder.  Thank you Deb.  This little carder is amazing and it's not all that little either.
You get a really nice size batt off of it.  It came with a nice little box of brushes and accessories.
I really like this brush over the drum.  It holds the fibers down nicely.  I've pretty much spent the whole day playing with it.

I can pull the fiber off into rolags....
or roll the batt into fluffy clouds.  You can also pull it off through a diz.  So many choices.....(I'm such a geek)....I love this thing and so do my wrists!!!  I may never use my hand carders again!!


6 comments:

  1. Those batts and rolags look so soft and fluffy. Have fun with your new toy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new baby!!! You are going to have so much fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always nice to have a new toy to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow . Someone today was talking to me about learning to card and spin. This makes it look possible and your roving is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm glad you were able to consult w/her about your new carder. You two are fiber queens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. never knew such a thing existed - but it looks like huge fun!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete