Sunday, September 10, 2017

Pre-storm knitting

We have been closely watching Irma's path and trying to be as prepared as we can be.  A state of emergency has been issued here in the Carolina's.  The stores have been wiped clean of supplies.  Coolers, batteries, gas cans and water are no where to be found as of Wednesday.  We have moved all lawn and porch furniture into the garage and secured all the plants and pots from the yard.  Every container I own is now filled with water and I bought as many Little Debbie snacks as I could find.  I know....I know....you're probably thinking Little Debbies aren't all that necessary but hey....it seemed like a darn good excuse for them to me and most of the canned goods were wiped out anyway by the time I got to the store.  So in case I am without power for a while I wanted to post my I Heart Fall KAL progress.

I'm going to do the after thought heel
hence the white yarn holding those stitches.
They may not look all that exciting now but I'm heading up the leg towards that scary fun color work chart.  Hopefully I won't be doing that while using Coleman lanterns.

8 comments:

  1. Hoping that the storm will be much minimized by the time it gets to the Carolinas.

    We have had some wind, lots of rain, but the worst is yet to come. Why do hurricanes ALWAYS hit at 2 AM?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know...that has to be so scary for you all in Florida. It seems to be moving pretty fast so the worst should be over for you soon. Stay safe. I'm praying for you.

      Delete
  2. Little Debbie snacks....lol. That's my idea of provisions! I'm going to have to go on a Irma diet when this is all over. All I've done for days is sit on my behind and watch the storm coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh be safe. Glad you have a knit plan. LOVE YOUR Socks. THey look so warm already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your Little Debbie line of thinking hehe. I'd come hide out with you and knit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you made it through - and enjoy the Lil' Debbies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Better to stock up on Little Debbie's than canned goods any day - lol. Can't wait to see more progress on the socks...but meanwhile, hoping you are not being (or haven't been) too impacted by the remnants of Irma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are amazing socks.. I look forward to seeing the autumn leaves on the top! Bravo! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete